Today Tuesday the 5th of January 2010 is expected to be the launch day of Google's Nexus One phone. Google-phone buzz has centered on whether Google can take down apple-iPhone, but it seems to be unrealistic. Leaks suggest the Nexus One will be a global-system device with a 3.7-inch touch screen, five-megapixel camera, Wi-Fi connectivity, an accelerometer and a compass, according to CNN.com partner, Wired magazine. It is expected to run the latest version of the Android operating system, Android 2.1, which is also made by Google but runs on other phones as well. It is also said that Nexus One will be available unlocked means, users wont have to sign up for long term contracts with any particular mobile carrier.
Browsing with curiosity to know more Nexus one, i found this article from engadget.com
Engadget have written the full story on every nook and cranny of this device. Some of those highlights are
- The HTC-built and (soon to be) Google-sold device runs Android 2.1 atop a 1GHz Snapdragon CPU,
- a 3.7-inch, 480 x 800 display, has 512MB of ROM, 512MB of RAM, and a
- 4GB microSD card (expandable to 32GB).
- 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, with pretty descent looking pictures and the camera software is much faster than the same component on the Droid
- phone is incredibly thin and sleek -- a little thinner than the iPhone -- but it has pretty familiar HTC-style industrial design
- It's very handsome, but not blow-you-away good looking. It's a very slim, very pocketable phone, and feels pretty good in your hand.
Engadget has described much more features about Nexus One, but there product seems like one given to google employees and that product may differ from one you buy . And yeah if you are too curious click this link to check the product description from engadget.
In another article from PCworld.com, based on the prevailing rumors and speculation, they have five predictions for what we can expect from the Nexus One. click here to look at their interesting prediction about Nexus One.